- 1 lb of boneless breast of chicken cut into 1/2"-1/4"
- 1 Tblspn of Tandoori Masala,
- 2 Tblspn of any edible oil,
- 1Tblspn of plain yogurt or sour cream or
1Teaspn of lemon juice
Prepare the marinade by adding Tblspn of Tandoori
Masala to Tblspn of plain yogurt or 1 Teaspn of lemon juice and Tblespn
of water. Adjust salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Add Chicken (if big
pieces then pierce with fork) to the marinade and marinate it at least
for 20-60 minutes or overnight for more flavor.
Stove Top: Coat the pan with 1-2Tblspn of oil. Add
the marinated meat. Cook over medium heat until tender. If chicken is
cut in strips or cubed you can stir fry it on Med High heat. For little
gravy add more yogurt and Tandoori Masala at the time of marination. When
chicken is almost ready add sliced lemon and sauté.
Oven: Bake at 375 for 25 minutes* or until tender.
Grill: Barbeque for 6 minutes* on each side until
Garnish it with chopped cilantro and thinly sliced
lemon & tomato slices.
*Cooking times may vary.
- Small meat pieces(1/2" strips or cubed) will
be more flavorful then large pieces.
- Put the marinated chicken in the refrigerator
for overnight Marination. Bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- To make RUB, just add little lemon juice to the
Masala and use it as a rub.
- For vegan preparation you can eliminate any milk
- For little gravy, add more yogurt and Tandoori
- Can substitute Coconut milk for yogurt or any
cream. It will have a little sweet taste, to balance that add little
cayenne or Serrano or jalapeno pepper and lemon juice